- Deluxe Corporation
- $44,010.00 -62,270.00/year*
21 Old Meetinghouse Rd
Req ID#: 13796BR
Under general direction from team manager and in conjunction with team members, contribute to company quality and service commitments by operating equipment, such as multi-color sheet fed or high speed continuous/web presses running mostly custom or base forms work. Intermediate to advanced numbering may be required. Manual setups and changeovers are typically required.
* Perform a complete effective set-up of press in an efficient manner, which may include identifying and loading correct stock, setting correct paper path and stretch, bending and mounting plates, mixing PMS ink, die registration, making appropriate adjustments to the ink and water balance, assuring accurate multi-color register and setting up any attribute functions, e.g. perforations, number, file holes, etc.
* Determine and understand all order instructions and running of press productively while, meeting job requirements of ink density, ink and water balance, color matching, size and construction, and required attributes at a quality level that meets or exceeds our customer's expectations.
* Maintain the ability to troubleshoot mechanical breakdowns; demonstrate the ability to make adjustments to the equipment including blanket changes, washing up units, cleaning water system and roller settings as required.
* Perform daily, weekly, and monthly preventative maintenance to ensure a quality product to customer as required. Understand all press controls and demonstrate their use
* Maintain knowledge of the press, current printing processes, develop continuous process improvements that support the Lean philosophy and work environment.
* Maintain company quality standards, service levels and customer expectations by meeting or exceeding department/cell goals and customer specifications. Examples may include: maintaining acceptable ink densities, troubleshooting lithographic press settings and willingness to cross train other team members.
* Contribute toward team effectiveness and workflow efficiency by rotating duties as needed.
* Maintain customer confidence and protect operations by keeping information confidential.
* Maintain safe and clean working environment by complying with procedures, rules and regulations.
* Support operations and contribute toward team results by performing other production or related jobs as required.
* Position may include other duties as determined by the company.
Required: ? High School (or equivalent)
* 2 years of experience in printing
* Familiar with product, equipment, printing process and ink usage preferred.
* Familiarity with Lean principles preferred.
* Basic math and reading skills; basic computer knowledge.
* Ability to perform work with a high level of accuracy; detail oriented; ability to handle multiple priorities.
* Mechanical ability to operate and maintain press as required.
* Team oriented, good communication skills, good organization skills, good problem resolution skills.
Deluxe Corporation is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer:
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, disability, sex, age, ethnic or national origin, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity or presentation, pregnancy, genetics, veteran status or any other status protected by state or federal law.
Please view the electronic
Associated topics: binding, book, collate, digital, lettering, offset printing, paper, plating, press, sheetfed
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.
Loading some great jobs for you...